Beauregard Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Beauregard Electric Cooperative, Inc. (BECi) serves the electric energy needs of residential, commercial and industrial members in a 7-parish area of southwest Louisiana. The territory covers an area from Leesville and Fort Polk, southward toward Interstate 10 and from the state line and the Sabine River eastward to Evangeline Parish.
In 1935, the Rural Electrification Administration (REA) was established by executive order of President Franklin D. Roosevelt for the purpose of lending money to cooperatives, commercial power companies, and others to build rural power lines. In 1936, Congress passed the Rural Electrification Act, which established the REA as an agency of the federal government. When the commercial power companies did not take advantage of the REA loans to build rural power lines, REA began to assist local member-owned electric cooperatives to organize and incorporate. Thus, March 8, 1939, Beauregard Electric Cooperative, Inc. was chartered under Louisiana Laws.
The Beauregard Electric Membership Corporation, with general headquarters in DeRidder, is a Louisiana Corporation organized in 1939 for the purpose of furnishing dependable electric service to the rural areas of Southwest and Central Louisiana. The cooperative is a non-profit, membership corporation – owned and controlled by the members which it serves.
- Electric cooperative that has been serving the community for over 75 years
- Serves the electrical needs of residential, commercial and industrial members
- Serves 7 parishes in Southwest Louisiana
- Maintains over 5,000 miles of line serving 41,000 members
- Multiple billing options and community service
Offices located in New Llano, DeRidder and Moss Bluff